Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Safeguarding Children Policy!

Hi everyone!

I'm stuck! Head has just asked me to write out safeguarding children policy.

I know what it is but not really sure where to start?

Would any one be so kind to show me theirs so I don't have to start from scratch??

Sorry to be cheeky, just don't have the time like the rest!

Thanks- don't know what id do without this forum!

Rachel

I compleltely agree with Susan - writing/reviewing the policy is the job of the designated person for safeguarding children! Are you saying that the school hasn't got one in place already??

I know I couldn't believe it either, she said its specific to foundation stage so I have to do it as i'm the only person in foundation stage. (work in a small village school with no nursery).

I'm not an NQT anymore no but i'm still totally lost with this one!

Well here's the one I wrote for my last Children's Centre - not a school I know but it might give you a framework to start from? You will need to refer to the procedures laid down by your Local Safeguarding Children Board in the same way that I have referred to Walsall's guidelines.

Hope it gives you a starting point anyway - good luck!

Safeguarding_Children_Policy.doc

Well there you go then..it was meant to be! :o I have to say, Walsall are very on the ball with safeguarding children matters - the Child Concern model that they use is very good.

Hi Wolfie

Your Child Protection Policy looks fantastic! Would it be all right for me to use it as a starting point for discussion with my manager to improve our existing one?

Lesley

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)