Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Nursery Manager Interview And Presentation

Dear All,

I've been shortlisted for interview on the 5th Dec for a university nursery and I'd be greatful for any advice on questions or things to make sure bear in mind.

Also I have to do a presentation which I'm not particularly looking forward to. Title: Outline what you consider to be the key priorities of this role and indicate how you would establish yourself in the post.

I'm planning on discussing -

-The EYFS statutory framework, guidance relating to the importance of raising quality for the children, ensuring effective planning, observation techniques are in place, all statutory framework points are in place, SEF in collaboration with all staff.

-Staff - motivation, teamwork, 360degree feedback

-Policies +procedures, health and safety, risk assessments - ensuring all staff and students understand these

-Communication - Parent partnership, staff, students

-Organisation - fees, staff shifts, funding, waiting lists

Establishing self - time within nursery rooms, 1-1 time with staff, time with parents

Any advice???

Abbey

Dear All,

I've been shortlisted for interview on the 5th Dec for a university nursery and I'd be greatful for any advice on questions or things to make sure bear in mind.

Also I have to do a presentation which I'm not particularly looking forward to. Title: Outline what you consider to be the key priorities of this role and indicate how you would establish yourself in the post.

I'm planning on discussing -

-The EYFS statutory framework, guidance relating to the importance of raising quality for the children, ensuring effective planning, observation techniques are in place, all statutory framework points are in place, SEF in collaboration with all staff.

-Staff - motivation, teamwork, 360degree feedback

-Policies +procedures, health and safety, risk assessments - ensuring all staff and students understand these

-Communication - Parent partnership, staff, students

-Organisation - fees, staff shifts, funding, waiting lists

Establishing self - time within nursery rooms, 1-1 time with staff, time with parents

Any advice???

Abbey

good luck im sorry im a reception teacher and dont have any ideas about nursery. let us know how you get on hun x x

The outcomes from Every Child Matters are crucial too, and I would also include something about holding staff meetings to review provision, plan, etc. The only other thing I can think of is supporting CPD with your colleagues; how you would encourage them, etc.

Good luck :o

Thanks for the replies. I will take them all into consideration.

The post is at staffordshire university. Is it the same post your going for jellytots??

Abbey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)