Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Planning For R.e

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and am currently studying at Roehampton University (3rd year)

I have chosen to write the R.E assignment, however I'm slightly confused as to how we plan this in the foundation stage! I've heard there is a framework but I'm not sure where to locate this?

My assignment is to complete a medium term plan on celebrations, therefore I have chosen christmas! However, I'm not sure as to how indepth I should go! All my other planning for the foundation stage has always been creative and interesting, with role play etc, but I'm not sure how to go about this.

I would greatly appreciate anyones help!

=)

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and am currently studying at Roehampton University (3rd year)

I have chosen to write the R.E assignment, however I'm slightly confused as to how we plan this in the foundation stage! I've heard there is a framework but I'm not sure where to locate this?

My assignment is to complete a medium term plan on celebrations, therefore I have chosen christmas! However, I'm not sure as to how indepth I should go! All my other planning for the foundation stage has always been creative and interesting, with role play etc, but I'm not sure how to go about this.

I would greatly appreciate anyones help!

=)

Could you try http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.g...earlyyears/eyfs there should be some help here

Each Education Authority has to have what is called an Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education for all the schools in the authority, although denominational schools may choose to opt out and use one of their own. The syllabus usually covers from KS1 upwards but some do include Guidelines for Foundation Stage. Schools themselves may have written long term planning for RE in the FS for the rest of the school to build on. The Children's Centre I worked in didn't do RE as such, but it was part of the PSED and K & U curriculum.

I would plan for Christmas for RE showing how I would cover the RE side in all areas of learning for the FS. For example you can involve role-play by providing stable scene dressing up clothing, provide sparkly items in the creative area and they might make stars, tell and re-tell the story, learn carols. I did a lovely circle time where each child said what they would give to baby Jesus- you could actually enact that. Link it with new babies and birthdays perhaps.

You may find some ideas to support you in the Christmas or Celebrations sub-forums in Topics and Activities ideas.

Hi,

Southwark diocese?, I think, have some great ideas for RE sylabus and provide unit ideas as well. Will look at school tomorrow and see what I can find for you.

Nicky Sussex

Thank you so so so much! I love the circle time idea!

I was also thinking of using a story (maybe Lucy and Tom's christmas) and then get the TA/office staff to bring a postcard from one of the characters inviting the children to an afternoon of christmas celebrations (then children can get involved in the creative aspect, such as mince pie making etc)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)