Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Organsiing The Outdoor

Hello all,

I need help with organising the garden, i am not sure how myself and staff can organise the garden to ensure that the children can play and learn at the same time and also cover the 6 areas. We have a lot of physical equipment, sand and water, e.t.c, but i want it to be more interesting and exciting for the children. I basically need help in arranging the different areas, items that can be put out permanently i.e waterproof, we have a shade incase it rains.

Thank you.

Hello!

We always have a role play area outdoors that ties in with the indoor learning.

We use shower curtains attached to allsorts of things to put laminated work out on, hence it is waterproof for a period of time anyway!

We also use tarpaulins to cover the unsightly wire fencing that separates us from the neighbour.

We have a piece of booard painted with blackboard paint to chalk on, and we have perspex attached to the wall with clips to paint outdoors!!

Hope some of this helps!!!

we painted sheets in al sorts of scenes to use outdoors, also use lots of wood boxes etc to make things from :o

we got our perspex from b&q. My colleagues husband made a perspex easel that the children (and adults) LOVE.

Well worth doing and relatively cheap.....we have quite a big one (metre wide) and it cost around £20.

Have you thought about giving the challenge out to parents? We have groundforce days. It's good to get dads involved as they can often see things through the eyes of little boys :) !!

I would be really interested about what you do on your Groundforce days? Sounds great!!!

How do you plan for them? what does it involve etc??

we got our perspex from b&q. My colleagues husband made a perspex easel that the children (and adults) LOVE.

Well worth doing and relatively cheap.....we have quite a big one (metre wide) and it cost around £20.

Have you thought about giving the challenge out to parents? We have groundforce days. It's good to get dads involved as they can often see things through the eyes of little boys :) !!

Does the perspex scratch easily?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)