Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Biting Policy

Hi

I'm putting together a biting policy. I think it is usually thought of as good practice to always tell the parents of the child that was bitten and the child that has bitten - even if a relativey minor bite? And also not to disclose the identity of the biter to the bitten child's parents. My problem is that our parents all come to collect their children at the same time and in a small room. How do we go about telling both sets of parents whilst protecting their identites - there is no where to go in private - and we can't ask both sets to stay behind - which is are usual option if anything confidential needs to be said.

I could always phone them before hand I suppose - but could that alarm them unduly when it might only be a fairly minor incident? Any ideas please?

Good idea about the note, and true a child will tell mum 'Tom' bit me, but sometimes I've heard this even when 'Tom' wasn't in that day. :oxD

Peggy

Thanks Cait and Peggy

Most of them only come weekly as we are a creche - so can't tell them next morning - and are under three so probably chlidren's won't tell.

May be it will have to be a phone call then.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)