Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Grrrr Parents Complaining About Children Playing Outdoors!

Hi there everyone,

Had a lovely day today with the children in the snow - until hometime when some parents started complaining 'ITS DISGUSTING THIS' letting children play outdoors in this weather!?!?!?!?!? :(:(xD:(:o

I feel I have been trying to explain the importance of outdoor play - even in the colder weather over the plast few weeks and it seems to be having no effect on our parents.

Was just wondering if anyone had a parent information leaflet ready made on the importance of outdoor play! or where i could find one.

Thanks

Very Miffed H!!!

I am in the process of putting one together and found this web site which I think might help

www.chelwood.lewisham.sch.uk/outdoor.

killowengirl

I am in the process of putting one together and found this web site which I think might help

www.chelwood.lewisham.sch.uk/outdoor.

killowengirl

I can't get this link to work???? Maybe its too late and I should head to my bed!

H

We had a new starter turn up today at 10.45am 1 1/2 hours late and was mortified that we were just going out to enjoy the snow in our all weather suits. She asked if we normally texted parents to let them know we were going out :o I calmly told her about the EYFS and invited her to joinus for a really fab outdoor session - her face was a picture as she trudged throuhg the snow in her designer boots - I wonder if she'll be back xD

I dont know how to post a link and the file is not supported by the forum so maybe the best thing may be to cut and paste it into your browser sorry

killowengirl

We had a similar problem before Christmas when after a fantastic snowfall we too were out playing. A staff member had taken some photos so I enlarged them and arranged them on a large board with winter words and placed the display near the door. That sorted it!

The look of sheer joy on their faces was all that was needed!!!!

So........ I assume those parents would not be playing in the snow with their children........that's very sad. sigh

sunnyday

I know - I love it - was worse than some of the kids!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)