Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Well Being Tracker And Child Initiated Narative Tracker

hi,

i was just wondering if anybody had any forms that they use for either of these child trackers, i am trying to develop them and just thought i would ask before trying to construct my own. I am thinking they obviously need the date, times, names etc but is there a way anybody finds 'easy' of setting out/doing these.

Thanks

I work in reception in a primary school and we wanted to start both of these within our setting on the 2 days we use as assessment for learning days.

Have you looked at the work of Ferre Laevers fro Leuven University in Belgium?

We use Well Being and Involvement Scales and it is a really good way to track the children and to see where you need to put i support. Also the principles fit in really well with the principles in the EYFS so no extra work!

No i havn't as yet i will have a look now though thank you, how do you set your versions of these trackers out? i feel a bit stuck at the moment and although i am prepared to make changes as we go along it would be great to have some ideas to start with.

thanks for your help.

hi,

i was just wondering if anybody had any forms that they use for either of these child trackers, i am trying to develop them and just thought i would ask before trying to construct my own. I am thinking they obviously need the date, times, names etc but is there a way anybody finds 'easy' of setting out/doing these.

Thanks

As part of the Childrens Plan the DCSF and Ofsted have just closed a consultation to develop a set of school indicators to help schools (and Ofsted) to assess how well they promote their children's well-being. The indicators will be a tool for self-evaluation and are destined to be built into the inspection cycle some time this year. So, as mentioned above - children's well-being will be a 'big' issue for schools; however as far as I can see there is no onus for providers to 'track' well-being.

Notwithstanding that, it is something my school has also been thinking about (is that why you are developing yours?); however it is difficult to find any standardised method for tracking well-being 'out there.' I will view this thread with great interest. Good luck (and if I come across anything, I'll let you know)!

Best wishes

Fingertips

Thank you for your information and advice, the well being tracker was something we heard about and liked the sound of and so decided to try and put something in place. I have desgned a brief form that we intend to start using soon. so fingers crossed it will go well, i will keep you updated if i hear anymore that might be usful for others.

Thanks again

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)