Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Continuous Provision Posters For Yippee And Peep Groups

Hello all

I am a new CCT and looking to prove my worth in my new role (Started Jan 09!)

The fabuluous Family Support Team run the Young Parents and PEEP sessions at our CC. The team asked me if I could think of ways to link their sessions with the EYFS.

I thought I could support them to write Continous Provision Posters for the activities they regularly do and perhaps encouarge them to ask parents what Enhanced/ additions they would like for the following week...

What do you think?

I don't really feel they need me to run groups as they are fantastic and have great relationships built up with parents but anymore suggestions would be appreciated x

Thanks x :o

• 1 month later...

Hi I am new to the site but thought I'd drop you a line as I also started as a CCT in January and find the enormity of the job quite scary. How are you getting on? I agree you dont want to take over but defining the role seems to be really hard.

Take care

A

Guest Wolfie

Hi!

Can I ask how the PEEP group at your Centre is run at the moment? I went on the PEEP training in Oxford last week and the framework that we were taught doesn't include the provision of activities during the session for which you could do continuous provision sheets. However, we did have in our packs some charts that showed how the PEEP sessions linked to the different themes and principles of the EYFS - maybe you could go down that route instead (or as well as)! :o

The underlying themes of PEEP tie in very closely with the areas of PSE and CLL, with a little bit of numeracy thrown in as well - if you've got the Learning Together folders at your Centre, you'll be able to see that from the topics for discussion and home activities suggested. If your practitioners have been on the PEEP training, their training folder should also give you ideas.

And tell us some more about your Yippee groups - they sound very exciting! xD

Hi also a new cct started Jan 09 still confused six of us started together in our LA so we meet up a lot at training they are all still defining their roles and it seems each centre has a different focus!!

Bex

Hi!

Can I ask how the PEEP group at your Centre is run at the moment? I went on the PEEP training in Oxford last week and the framework that we were taught doesn't include the provision of activities during the session for which you could do continuous provision sheets. However, we did have in our packs some charts that showed how the PEEP sessions linked to the different themes and principles of the EYFS - maybe you could go down that route instead (or as well as)! :o

The underlying themes of PEEP tie in very closely with the areas of PSE and CLL, with a little bit of numeracy thrown in as well - if you've got the Learning Together folders at your Centre, you'll be able to see that from the topics for discussion and home activities suggested. If your practitioners have been on the PEEP training, their training folder should also give you ideas.

And tell us some more about your Yippee groups - they sound very exciting! xD

Yes Wolfie. I am not too sure that the PEEP sessions are run quite in the same way. I think I need to look into the differences.

The Young Parent group is great. It's for mum's and dad's under 19 and is very popular. The parents come along and meet other mums, the children have lovely activities to engage in and the parents are encouraged to play with their children. The family support workers are like second mums / granny's for the parents and they signpost to benefits, child care opinions, career advise etc. It's great x

Guest Wolfie

Ah yes, we've got a group like that, it's called "Smarties"! Yesterday we put on lunch for the first time, cheesy beany jacket potatoes, and it was a great success. Several of the young Mums and Dads brought along their own parents as well, the group had a lovely family feel to it.

I think quite a few people have got hold of the PEEP resources via the website and are running groups their own way, not having been on the training. I can highly recommend getting someone from the Centre on the training if it's feasible -it really is very good for establshing underlying principles and a basic framework - plus, once you've completed the training you get access to a protected part of the website for PEEP practitioners and there are loads of great resources, including session plans!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)