Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Handwashing Training Soap

As a birthday treat we went to our local pound shop (we know how to live life to the full here in Maidenhead!) xD

Anyway we came across 'squid soap' (there's a foamy/rubbery squid which fits over the soap dispenser) which claims to teach children how to wash their hands properly. In the lid of the pump there's a small circle of dye which when the child pushes it down, stains their palm. So you know whether children have washed their hands properly (takes about 15-20 seconds) because the little red dot will have disappeared.

I just went to throw the box away and noticed there was a website where you can sign up to be part of their testing panel and get free products. I had a quick look and found that this soap costs £3.99 usually. :o

You can click here to have a look at the soap, but I was wondering if anyone is using this in their settings and if so, how the children have responded?

Maz

This sounds such a great idea Maz! Thanks for sharing, it seems very similar to what our school nurse does with our Foundation children underneath a UV light. Would be fab to use this soap in school to reinforce her session....

Tinky

My neice lives with me, and this was the only way I could get her to wash her hands xD

I have to admit I use it too.. :o

But I'll have to get down to the 99p store instead of buying it for £4!!

BlueBelle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)