Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Help

Can anyone help please?!!!

I have been asked to list how our current provision should change when we go to one point entry next year and my mind has gone totally blank! We currently do not have a Nursery but have part time children pre 5 who come in either in Sept or Jan. The one point change will only really affect the children who have previously started in Jan. There will be 12 of those next year.

Thanks!!

Anje

My first thought would be to ask for more TA help! With really little ones starting in September, they are going to need lots of nurturing, cuddles, 1-1 time with an adult, etc.

I don't know about the structure of your setting, but I would suggest that as much child-initiated play as possible should be provided for the children, particularly in that first term, so how about asking for more equipment that would provide challenging, flexible and open-ended experiences for the children?

I'm sure others will be along with their words of wisdom :o

We do one entry in September and it works ok.

We bring the children in, in groups over a one to two week period and they stay till 12 o'clock.

The children born from Spt to Feb then stay for lunch in the second full week of school and then are full time from the third week- we have briefly discussed this and I think I would keep them part time for another week or so.

The children who are born from March-August stay till 12 until the week before half term, when they stay for lunch and then after the autumn half term are ful time.

My Niece is a July birthday and her school did a system where one week she went in the morning and then the next week in the afternoon.... this went on for a few weeks before she stayed to lunch and then started full time.

As many children are used to nursery (Nearly all of the children at the school I work attend at least 4 mornings per week and quite a few are used to full time nursery) I feel that the children settle quite quickly. We have a very play based curriculum- with very short carpet sessions to start with. Lota of outdoor play, lots of opportunities for staff to really get to know the children.

I hope that helps

L

Thanks to everyone! The ideas have set my mind in motion!! More wish lists will be heading towards the bosses door!!!

PS How do I give a moderator a shout when i do something wrong in the forum? I am always getting in a muddle! x x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)