Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Salaries - What System Are You Using?

My staff are part timers and the question a of paying tax and ni hasnt arisen before, but as we are growing I now need to know the easiest system to use. Has anyone got a simple package that they use please? I have glanced at SAGE but wasnt convinced and it is over £400. I have 10 staff.

we just used the cd rom supplied by Inland revenue..free

had everything on it, forms calculators, information and telephone help if you need it.

Only thing we had to produce on top was payslips

Inge

Thanks Inge. is it simple?

They have calculators on there where you put in the gross salary and then it tells you how much tax or Ni to deduct , this info is put onto summary form for each staff member.... Also summarises for payments to make to inland revenue,

( remember of course you wage bill will increase with employer contribution to National Insurance.)

I would contact them and ask for a copy so you can reviews it.. after all it is free... I found it easy and taught our treasurer to use it successfully....

You need to input a bit of employer data first , and it may not be as easy as dedicated software, but as I only had 8 employees to do it was a very cost effective system.

Inge

I also use the free cd rom from the inland revenue and they have a phone number for new employers to ring for help- they will talk you through exactly what to do. You really don't need to buy a package from anywhere else. You can send them annual returns online and get money back as an incentive too.

I also use the free cd rom from the inland revenue and they have a phone number for new employers to ring for help- they will talk you through exactly what to do. You really don't need to buy a package from anywhere else. You can send them annual returns online and get money back as an incentive too.

i get the feeling there is no need to spend anything then. Brilliant. Thanks for the advice

My staff are part timers and the question a of paying tax and ni hasnt arisen before, but as we are growing I now need to know the easiest system to use. Has anyone got a simple package that they use please? I have glanced at SAGE but wasnt convinced and it is over £400. I have 10 staff.

For many years I used Sage but then moved to QuickBooks. This was a breath of fresh air! At the moment, we're on Quickbooks Pro version 6 because version 2008 didn't support multi-currency. 2009, which is due shortly, does. This program allows you to keep all your accounts and payroll in one place. It is pretty well designed and they've spent a lot of time attending to ease of use issues (mostly thanks to their sister development team at Quicken). It will allow you to file all your end of year returns online, print the P60s, print P45s when necessary etc. However, an accounting program is still an accounting program and you need some vague understanding of bookkeeping to keep on the straight and narrow

BTW, are you *sure* that you are not obliged to deduct tax from existing staff, even if they are part time?

To be honest I sub out our wages to a company called Eslip.

I have two nurseries, one with 8 staff and one with 10.

The costs are both under £30 per month for all employees including filling and end of year totals. For the sake of £360 per year for everything hassle free its a no brainer.....

Drop them a line, tell them I sent you.

www.eslip.co.uk

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)