Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Is It The Truth?

Where have you heard this cait?

In my previous LA, most schools had a nursery but there was still plenty of room but PVIs too. IN my current LA, most schools dont have a nursery and I dont think there are any plans that they should any time soon.

Could this be local gossip that youve heard?

Several schools in our area do have nurseries on site but we do have an abundance of childcare options

in a small area. My concern is that with the ever changing requirements of Early Years and Ofsted, the

small 'village hall' based pre-schools are being slowly pushed out/closing down and taken over by centre's of excellence!

I do appreciate the purpose built settings usually have lovely facilities, unlike our tatty little village hall, but a lot

of parents like the 'homely' setting we offer and that all funds we raise are ploughed back into resources and staff training!

dottyp

Some of our schools have nurseries-but not all. And I know there are some heads who don't want one. I wonder where the money will come from for all these new nurseries? Most of our schools would have to have something built or added to accomodate a nursery. And I wouldn't have thought we had the money in Stockport.

Linda

I am sure I have heard/read something about this but can't for the life of me remember where!

not something on the agenda in the north east, however i think all schools in my area have nurseries, but as stated earlier in this thread there is a big push for schools to provide wpap around care- breakfast clubs and Out of schools, however a local school has just closed there out of school as it wasnt sustainable,, it was only £5 3-5pm, most parents want later hours, we have had at least 10 children from there join our out of school in the last few weeks,

Maybe they are thinking of it as part of the Extended Schools remit - http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/wholeschool/extendedschools/

to provide before school, after school and holiday care for primary School pupils, parenting support and community access to facilities and training. even so, I haven't heard of every school having a nursery - in our area, it wouldn't be economically feasible for each school to have their own nursery. Some schools are closing their breakfast/after school clubs because there isn't the demand for them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)