Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

New Books

Hi, I have had recommended to me some new books for role play. At least, they were recommended before publication date and I recently came across them on a website--theres a series, each one with a different focus and they cost about £ 16 each BUT although I can remember the author, I cant trace them. :(

Ive tried all sorts on google but with no luck. :(

The author is Diane Bentley, who has written lots of different materials for children.

:o PLEASE: Has anyone seen these books? Are they worth the expense? Who is the publisher? xD

Thanks. :D

Hi Susan

I haven't seen the books by the author you mentioned but I did receive a catalogue today with books in for role play. They are published by David Fulton and are written by Jo Boulton and Judith Ackroyd. There are 3 books and include Cinderella, pirate adventures, the teddy bears picnic to name just 3. They are aimed at 3-7 years and are linked to the ELGs and NC requirements. They are £15 each. Another one in there was Meeting the Early Learning Goals Through Role Play. It is by Marie Aldridge and costs £19.

I haven't actually seen the books so I can't comment on how good they are but they may be worth a look.

Linda

Thanks Linda, thats interesting!

Mundia has actually come to my rescue and sent me this info, which I am going to post for everyone else who might be interested:

'starting with role play' by diana bentley maggie hutchins and dee reid. 12.99, published by hopscotch tel 01249701701. its a series of 6 books.

They are mentioned in this months EYE so I'm off to reread mine. Perhaps thats where I saw them? Also thought I'd looked at hopscotch but perhaps the website hasnt been updated.

Anyway thanks Mundia! :D

Thanks Linda, thats interesting!

Mundia has actually come to my rescue and sent me this info, which I am going to post for everyone else who might be interested:

'starting with role play' by diana bentley maggie hutchins and dee reid. 12.99, published by hopscotch tel 01249701701. its a series of 6 books.

They are mentioned in this months EYE so I'm off to reread mine. Perhaps thats where I saw them? Also thought I'd looked at hopscotch but perhaps the website hasnt been updated.

Anyway thanks Mundia! :D

So, anyone seen them already?

Helen are you likely to get those to review?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)