Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Giving First Aid Treatment

Hi

Although there are 2 first aiders in the room where I work we have been told that we all have to give first aid treatment. Although these are generally grazes etc I feel unhappy about this as I am not first aid trained.

Is there anyone else in this position? :o

We're all first-aid trained- bar one, but depending on the level of care needed I would expect everyone to adminster the most basic care........ for example I wouldn't expect the non trained member to leave the child to find a trained person just because of a small graze...... I would expect them to consult with a first-aider once the child is comforted though.

xx

Depends on the severity of the injury, but all of our key staff are first aid trained, the rest have their training booked, and i would expect everyone to capable of cleaning a wound and putting a plaster on!

Obviously if its anything where you may expect repercussions, the first aiders need to at least oversee and if necessary take over.

Sam

We are the same as Shiny, all trained in first aid for babies and young children, your borough should offer this free. I am the lead first aider and check the boxes etc

Dont worry sunnyday i dont think everone has to be first aid trained you have to have a first aider trained whilst session is on.

as for giving first aid it should be someone trained

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)