Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Living In Another Country - Info For Reception

We've been looking at our local (urban )area in my reception class, and then had a look at a rural area - the children couldn't believe that there could be so much grass and asked me how I had managed to get pictures of such a strange place. Now I'd like to show them picutres of somewhere outside the UK. I was thinking of Nigeria, as some of our children are from there, but I don't just want to google pictures as it seems rather false. Does anyone know of any websites about children and where they live that are aimed at reception type age?

Hi

We had a great resource my boss got from Oxfam that showed 4 children, one each from India, Russia, Brazil, and Ethiopia. It had lovely pictures of their houses and schools and showed them doing their hobbies/chores/playing. It had a great book with profiles of the children and suggested activities.

I can't rember the name of the pack but if you search the Oxfam site I'm sure you will find it.

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)