Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

F1 Times

Hi

Can all of you in F1 settings within a school advise me on your session times please! I am currently revising mine and wondered what others are doing. Any of you working with the 3 hours per session?

Hi

Can all of you in F1 settings within a school advise me on your session times please! I am currently revising mine and wondered what others are doing. Any of you working with the 3 hours per session?

Hi Amy,

We are revising ours at present to take into account the 15 hour provision. We are in the pilot for our LA and are currently considering tagging on half an hour to the beginning of the morning ssession and the end of the afternoon session. so it would run as...

8.30-11.30 and 12.30-3.30. another possibility would be 1/4hour each side of each session. The main probelm with the second option is the parents won't be able to see their child's key worker if they are teacher as we don't want to alter our teaching staff's terms and conditions (even if it would be legal to do so....)

Covering this with 'other staff' at a ratio of 1:8. This is throwing up a whole 'can of worms' not least because I am having a hard time seeing this as quality provision for children as opposed to an extra half an hour their parents don't have to be with them. It was suggested at an LA meeting that we cover this by using parents...unfortunately we are in this pilot because our families are in the bottom 25% of deprevation in our area and are not really able to support their children's learning and care as well as one might hope. (for a whole host of reasons) I don't wish to appear negative, as I am really trying to get behind the idea. Unfortunately the geography of our building doesn't really allow for a breakfast club/snack club come social skills club as by the time they get their things together it would be time to leave! Another option I am looking into is the possibilty of our local children's centre offering a morning and afternoon session to our parents but this is in very early stages of discussion and may not be covered from our allocated budget of funding.

Don't know if this of any use but just a few thoughts.. let me know what you are up to as it would be helpful to hear other's ideas.

Regards,

Sassa :o

We were part of the pilot session in our authority 2 years ago!

We wanted to offer the 15 hours, but stay roughly in line with school times too!

So we run 9 -12

(from 11.30 - 12 the children have lunch)

Then 12.00 - 3pm

(Lunch is for the first half an hour)

We have children who stay all day so they essentially get a whole hour for lunch (11.30 - 12.30) and parents can pay £1 for morning children or afternoon children to do a whole hour for lunch.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you want any more details!

Edited by Scarlettangel

When the children are having lunch- who looks after them? Do you still need to consider the teacher ratio where you must have a teacher for every 26 children plus another. or do TAs cover this so that the teacher can have lunch?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)