Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Eyeprofile

Guest Kristine

Guest Kristine

Hi,

I would like to ask how much time you all set aside for working on your eyeprofiles and how often?

Do you get cover? Do you work on it after school together or on weekends at home?

thanks

Kristine x

Hi - I record the children's achievements in their learning diaries as and when - i try to set aside time during the week after school to do this and then when they need updating for data reasons I update my eyeprofile using my laptop at home in the evenings - I could use PPA time for this but would rather use my ppa time for things I cant do at home - if you see what I mean!

Guest Kristine

Hi thanks -

PPA time? Planning time? How much planning time do you get? So far I do all the profile work at home, as well as other planning. It's tough. We have only one EY class, and there is only me... you get the picture :o

As we grow and grow, I really need to look at this seriously, so would appreciate honest feedback. Should I shut up, and do it at home (like I am sure most of us do!)

K x

Guest LornaW

Kristine if you are working in a maintained school and work full time you should get about one afternoon per week as Planning Preparation and Assessment time-PPA. This is 10% of your working week.

As the EYE-Profile is summative then I would suggest you update it about three times per year using your observations as suggested by ems. Best times are end of first term so Autumn A, February halfterm Spring A and then end of the summer summer B ready to send off to your LA.

Lorna

We all do our profile work at home in our own time. The pre-school just can't afford to pay us for time we are not physically running a session for fee paying children so that's just how it is at the moment. Since EYFS changes though this work has increased and we are all feeling it so much more. Doesn't help either that we find the new profiles soooo confusing - Is this just me? Got EY advisory visit in the morning (and have hundreds of queries up my sleeve for her!)

Sorry - just realised this is not the pre-school stage of the forum! By the way - do you foundation stage peeps actually regard all the work us pre-schoolers put together for when our children leave us to join you?? It was suggested to us that you start from scratch but i'm not sure. x

hi we have assessment week. Then i record the chns progress on a paper version of the profile for the head. and on the computer i do 5 a day and get it all done in a week.

Guest Kristine

Thanks everyone!

Yes, I do value what Nursery teachers do with the profiles!

This year I have a mixed class 3 - 5 years

I thought we were supposed to be doing the profiles for two years? Nursery to Reception? Or am I totally confused?

K x

We are supposed to now use them for the two years and when Ofsted visited us recently they looked at valued added from entry to Nursery to the end of the Reception year!

The only statutory duty you have with EYEProfile is to complete it at the end of reception!

I know it has two years worth of dates but I think we should stick to doing it in reception or before you know where you are it will be statutory from 3 onwards!!!! And I think we track our children enough as it is!

See Margaret Edgington's letter in the TES this week!

Edited by Guest

Guest tinkerbell

My TA and I fill it in each half term we use a full wednesday morning ,my PPA time and the contracted teacher is brilliant as she has the class on her own 21 children ( open classroom next door with teacher and TA if any problems)

• 1 month later...
Guest lou73

Hi

Totally new to this but here goes. I work in a nursery attached to an infant school and i fill in profiles for reception teachers three times a year in December, March and June. :o

Welcome lou73!

The EYE-Profile is not meant to be filled in until the end of EYFS although looking at it you would think it should be as it has dates for info for over two years.

We don't ask our nursery to fill it in but we do start to use it in reception and put the first judgements on the eye-profie in Nov the like you but Feb then June.

We are supposed to now use them for the two years and when Ofsted visited us recently they looked at valued added from entry to Nursery to the end of the Reception year!

From my information (and this is pretty much my day job at the moment) the fact that the eyePRofile has the capacity to track across 2 years is not indicative of a policy change at QCA level. It is merely a function that Suffolk LA who develop it have added. As Marion rightly says the EYFSP is statutory at the END of the EYFS. The eyeProfile is a recording tool, not "The Profile".

However, I do encourage my schools to look at the early scale points i.e. 1- 3, those before the end of key stage expectations ELG linked points) as summative assessment at transition points to reception. Otherwise i do not think it is appropriate. The EYFS and the EYFSP dovetail and can be used to show progress quite clearly, as the EYFSP is inextricably linked to the ELGs which are within the EYFS.

Cx

Guest tinkerbell

Whilst I agree that we only have to record the reception children's achievements at the end of the reception year for the EYFS.WE have to send these points into the LEA.

As far as my HT is concerned she wants to know how the children are making progress throughout the year.

We also hold 3 parents evenings one each term,I have to report to parents how the children are doing so I may as well use the e-profile as a tool to do this.

I don't particulrly like the e-profile as there are many faults with it, but it is all we have at the moment.

Tinkerbell

• 2 weeks later...
:o Hi, I negotiated a full day each term to input the eprofile data. I moderate my co-worker's assessments and we upload together. This has been a sticky issue before, but I noticed that other co-ordinators were getting one day per term to moderate / examine their subject area work throughout the school. If you don't ask, you don't get. The workload in reception in crazy. The longer we continue to work day and night,. the longer they will let us. Yes I am dedicated and I do care, but I also want to live to retirement!!!

Hi This is my first year in Reception. What exactly is the procedure for finishing the EyeProfiles, what do we do with them when we have completed them for the last time????? How do we send them to the authorities and when do we have to do it by? :o Help!

Guest tinkerbell

Hi Sladetribe

Welcome

Your LEA will give you a date for the e-profile information to be sent to them.

I print of the component overall sheet and give it to the school bursar/secretary to send in to the LEA...I think they have a format to follow.

Tinkerbell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)