Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Hunting For Containers!

Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone can help me??

I have been trawling the internet to find plastic storage containers, I want the ones which are clear but sit on a slant (if that makes sense) kind of like a biscuit jar but I can only find glass. I want them to put maths sorting in and creative resources. does anyone have these and if so where did you get them

Many thanks

Jo :o

Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone can help me??

I have been trawling the internet to find plastic storage containers, I want the ones which are clear but sit on a slant (if that makes sense) kind of like a biscuit jar but I can only find glass. I want them to put maths sorting in and creative resources. does anyone have these and if so where did you get them

Many thanks

Jo xD

I did a quick forum search because I know this has been discussed on here before - an almost identical post to yours came to mind. However I couldn't find it! Perhaps one of the 'old timers' will remember... :o

I guess you've tried all the usual suspects - those shops where half the stock is outside on the pavement, and Wilkinson's and the like? These things do turn up every so often, but never when you're actively looking for them, it seems.

Maz

Found this one but quite pricey think at nearly £20 :oHERE

found this one much cheaper but also much smaller HERE

Not quite the same but could be useful HERE

exhausted my search I used google and google images, really hard to find, as you said. xD

Peggy

Yes, expensive Peggy - but I can imagine the children loving dipping their hands in to get at some really lovely resources! Worth watching out for a shop that's closing down - should have looked harder at Woolies' pick and mix section when they were selling off their fixtures and fittings!

Maz

And this is what I pictured from Jo's description!

Only in plastic, obviously! :(

Maz

Yes that was what I imagined too. :(

I like the other links though, all look like they could be useful. I am just quite surprised they are so difficult to find. :o

I must admit though, each one I've looked at I have imagined some poor child with their hand in the jar, clasping a handful of the contents and getting his/her hand stuck because the fist now won't fit through the hole xD:( but what a great 'problem solving excersise. :wacko: (as long as it doesn't get too painful-ouch)

Peggy

I got some good ones years ago from a shop called 'weighhouse' where there were great big tubs of things and you just got a bagfull of whatever, things like raisins and sweets and shreddies and washing powder etc. They had great plastic containers too. Have you searched under 'cookie jar' there may be some - I'll go and look....

found this one much cheaper but also much smaller HERE

Not quite the same but could be useful HERE

exhausted my search I used google and google images, really hard to find, as you said. :(

Peggy

like the second one Peggy..

it comes filled with goodies :( .........now what would happen to those? xD

Inge

How fab is this!!!!! cookie jar

'tis indeed fab Cait - but doesn't quite fit the brief! :o

it comes filled with goodies :( .........now what would happen to those? xD

Didn't spot that Inge - seems a lot of sweeties to get for £4! Bargain, even with the VAT added! :(

We bought some very large jars, sit on the slant and clip together if you wish. Large openings and came with lids. I think, not def, that we got the from NES ARNOLD, good few years ago. We have always used them for collage but the only problem with them is the children put their hands in ok but then have problems getting them out when they have a handful of stuff. I originaly had visions of children going from jar to jar taking handfuls of stuff and putting into their own pots. Well that myth was soon dispelled by the above, usually the stuff is all over the floor and the kids cant undo the lids as they are too wide for their little hands.Or some bright spark has clipped 5/6 together and one of the kids trys to lift one and six large jars are spilling their contents all over the floor!

Wow! Thankyou so much everyone and thank you for all the alternatives you have found - we teachers are so resourceful!!! I found some really good ones on amazon, they had clocks on the lids but were a little too much money unfortunately!!!!

I will check out tts and nes arnold - will let you know !!!

Jo xx

And thanks to ll from me too - we've been looking for the very same thing and for the ver same reason!!

I love this site!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)