Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Ofsted Wont Talk To Me!?

Hi

Well this is the first time Ihave come across this.

Just called OFSTED to request our OFSTED security token for filling in on line SEF (supervisor asked me too) and they refused to talk to me! Said they have not got my details and that only the manager can talk to them. I tod them that I had spoken to them before on at least 3 occassions and the man said that they shouldnt have. Is this right? I asked if I had a query who would i talk to he said my manager.

Is this right? Or perhaps it is just that department?

Hi

Yes can understand that. Suppose my last questions were quite general ie ratios, crb checks. Oh well.

So will it be the Supervisor or the chair that needs to phone up then?

Hi

They would nt give you the security token over the phone usually they ask several security questions first before they give information out.

Your registered person should have details of your security token.

I guess its frustating when you want to get on work :o

Sam

Blimey - can't believe I am actually going to agree with Ofsted!!!

I wouldn't expect them to give any 'sensitive info.' to my staff - this is the 'registered persons' responsibility - that could be your supervisor/manager/owner or chairperson if committee managed.

Have broken out in a cold sweat now - it's the supporting Ofsted thats done it!!!

Sunnyday

Guest Wolfie
Hi

Well this is the first time Ihave come across this.

Just called OFSTED to request our OFSTED security token for filling in on line SEF (supervisor asked me too) and they refused to talk to me! Said they have not got my details and that only the manager can talk to them. I tod them that I had spoken to them before on at least 3 occassions and the man said that they shouldnt have. Is this right? I asked if I had a query who would i talk to he said my manager.

Is this right? Or perhaps it is just that department?

It's happened to us as well today! One of the senior managers rang to check that we have got the go-ahead for a creche being run tomorrow and was told that they would only speak to the registered person! Who is on annual leave! I'd never come across it before today and it has left us stranded!

It's happened to us as well today! One of the senior managers rang to check that we have got the go-ahead for a creche being run tomorrow and was told that they would only speak to the registered person! Who is on annual leave! I'd never come across it before today and it has left us stranded!

Thank heavens - I thought I was weakening there! - Now that is just plain silly - that is not 'sensitive info' at all and they are just being obstructive.

Phew - feel much better now!

Sunnyday

maybe they are tightening things up

I can agree on principle but what if the registered person is on annual leave like mentioned or worse has been taken ill surely there should be provision to have named persons who are allowed to talk to Ofsted on their behalf

its lke when I want to phone up about our bills and they say sorry the bill is in your husbands name we cannt discuss it! I love it when that happens too

maybe they are tightening things up

I can agree on principle but what if the registered person is on annual leave like mentioned or worse has been taken ill surely there should be provision to have named persons who are allowed to talk to Ofsted on their behalf

its lke when I want to phone up about our bills and they say sorry the bill is in your husbands name we cannt discuss it! I love it when that happens too

Oh yes - I have been there too - data protection madness!

Sunnyday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)