Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Story Sequencing Urgent Help!

This is my first post so apologies if it is not in the right place!

Hi, I am hoping somone could advise me, I qualify as a NQT this year and have made it through to interview stage, but first I have to teach a class I have never met who are working at various levels. I am to teach story sequencing using story language.

This is a very creative school so I want the lesson to be hands on but am frightened of being too adventurous!!

I would be really grateful for any help!!!

Hi thanks for that it is ctually for a year 1 class, but I feel the reason I have got this far is because all my exp is in the foundation stage and the head would like to see elements of the foundation stage spreading through ks1.

Hi, I guess the obvious answer would be to get the children to brainstorm some words and phrases for sequencing a story - first, next, suddenly, a little while later. You could then split them into groups and give each group a series of pictures, which they could sequence using the words they found. Each group could then prepare a freezeframe of one moment in the story, show this to the class, and get the others to guess.

HTH, Sue.

How about using puppets?

They could be useful if one or two of the little darlings need some extra motivation to concentrate. Gives them a more tangible focus for the characters than pure imagination.

Photocopies of story book pages for them to cut out particular phrases.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)