Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

What Couldn't Your Setting Live Without?

I've just had the news that I have secured almost £5000 to spend to help us show we are working within eyfs, I've got lots of ideas what to get but would be interested to hear about things you all may have that you have found to be excellent resources that the children really make use of etc?

community playthings big hollow blocks are amazing!!

you lucky thing! How did you find this funding? What kind of setting are you? Enjoy spending!!!

Thank you :)

Our support teacher gave me the details, it's funded through our local council and if memory serves me right it's called a Quality Grant?

You can apply for up to £5000 but it's not normally all given out, I applied for just over £4800 and got it all :o

Thank you :)

Our support teacher gave me the details, it's funded through our local council and if memory serves me right it's called a Quality Grant?

You can apply for up to £5000 but it's not normally all given out, I applied for just over £4800 and got it all :o

sorry, forgot to say that we are a pre-school xD

Congratuations on securing your grant. We are waiting to hear if ours has been accepted, again just under £5,000

(after our Ecers inspection) We have applied for 2x laptops, ipod, listening station with headphones, cameras, bikes, tamdems, storage units, big building blocks, investigation resources plus loads more! Just need to have a good old clear out of old toys to allow space to store

all the new things!!! We are a charity pre-school in a village hall setting. :o

dottyp

we have just ordered the large play blocks from community playthings - hopefully they will be as good as they look.

we also ordered an art island (think it was called)- it was expensive but has two magnetic boards which means the childrn can put their own paper on using the magnets suppled,it has a shelf for paper to be stored for chil;dren, the boards can be placed horizonitally or vertically so can be used for different aged children and the whiteboards can be used to draw on using correct type of pens.

it is very solid and will alst for ages

Edited by blondie

community play blocks love them

we also have an art island movable and love it and the easel which is a whiteboard and magnetic

all from the lovely people at community play things

tts is is a good site too we had wooden magnifying glasses from them

We secured a grant earlier in the year of just over £3k- would have applied for more (certaily will next year as I know other settings (only in PVI sector) have been given as much as £7k) but we are about to put in a bid of approx £35k to develop an outdoor area. Sorry, I digress we bought some beautiful floor rugs, cd players, a netbook, nativity clothes and bst of all some portable storage. Which the staff love an so do the children. All our constructon is in one and small world in other. it's been great as we wheel them out on A monday and back away on a friday- lots of childrens choice availabel now.

Community playthings hollow blocks are fantastic. we also spent ours on portable storage to allow for children to choose what they want to play with and it's much easier to put away. Finally the digital camera and photograph printer have been great as the children and staff print off their own photo's which means one less job for me to do and it's easier to keep portfolio's up to date.

Dx

that reminds me we had some outdoor musical instruments a few years ago made by 'The whole Hog' company these were really good too and very robust

How about 'buying' some trips? Or buying in some expertise, e.g. a yoga teacher, an art workshop, that kind of thing.

Well done on your funding.

How do you apply for this funding? I would be interested in applying we are a private, voluntary pre school and registered charity, so i wonder do we qualify?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)