Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Advice Needed Please!

Guest lou73

Hi :o

Just been told today that i have been shortlisted for a job within a nursery that seems really forward thinking and that i would love!

I have been told that the activity i will need to do is something to do with physical maths outside related to the topic of more and less.

Have had a few ideas as follows but if anyone has angy great ideas could you please share them with me.

the children could be divided into two teams and given puddle suits to wear. Each child then takes a turm to carry a small filled container (margarine tub) with water around the race track. When they reach the end they would pour the water left into a measuring container. At the end, when all children have has a turn they could look at the measuring containers and see which has the most / least water in and we could discuss.

hide laminated minibeast pictures around the outside, ask the children to find them and then sort them by amount or legs etc which is a very safe option.

any advice would be greatful received........

could only think of having four different coloured bases the children stand in the middle then adult asks all children who have long,short hair, wearing red, etc to run/jump/hop etc to a certain coloured base - adult repeats with all children who are wearing ,have long,short hair etc to run,jump,hop etc to different coloured base - one child at each base is asked to count the children at their base - more/less.

Guest lou73

THANKS thats a good idea think i will try a few ideas out at work over the next few days.....if anyone else comes up with any ideas or can suggest which idea they like best so far PLEASE let me know.

Thanks

:o

Edited by lou73

this is what annoys me with senarios like this ...............you have no idea what the children like doing or not< they may hate going round a track or not enjoy minibeasts, how can you give a good account when you dont know the children, I am not saying that you wont or cant

why not take a selection of natural out door items, and guttering, small containers, spoons piping and guttering, junk modelling and scaffold the children's interests when you have obseerved what they are doing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)