Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Coshh Assessments

I am just wondering if anyone has carried out any COSHH assessments of the types of substances you use at pre-school, i.e., Dettol antibacterial spray perhaps or Milton Sterilising Solution - if so, how in depth did you have to go and where did you obtain necessary info from - the manufacturers or some other central place. Also did you have to carry out assessment on any other substances like paint the children use etc.

You can normally get the coshh info from the supplier. When we found this out we tried to purchase all our cleaning etc items from one place. In our case Sainsbury's because it was nearest.

Not sure if you can google the info required though.

As to how in depth, I would suggest consider reasons why you have coshh info, and have enough info to meet these reasons. Too much info and it will become uneffective.

Peggy

Hi - having 'survived' a visit from a Health and Safety Officer this week - an inspection for our Village Hall - not just our setting....

She advised that I download info. from manufacturers websites - find these on the back of cleaning products - this was followed by a load of xxxxxxxx about 'protective clothing'!!!

Hope this helps

Sunnyday

P.S. - I haven't done it yet!!!

Thank you Sunnyday - H&S can be a pain in the a***. When I suggested to a H&S training officer that I had no idea what the hall cleaners used as I didn't employ them I thought he was going to have a seizure. I must admit after running a group for years to have to start thinking about such things is enough to make me lose the will to live! I accept all the whys etc. but could do with a serious rest from the continual battle to keep up to date.

I accept all the whys etc. but could do with a serious rest from the continual battle to keep up to date.

Especially since you can never be truly up to date because just as you get there something changes again and the 'up to date' finishing line gets moved further back! :o

Maz

Especially since you can never be truly up to date because just as you get there something changes again and the 'up to date' finishing line gets moved further back! :o

Maz

Tell me about it!

I have now resolved that I am going to put 'anything still to do' on a back burner and enjoy our last eight weeks of term.

This may not be the most sensible of ideas, but we are not 'due' for Ofsted for ages (hope I'm not tempting fate here) - I am usually a very positive person, but lately I have begun to feel as though I'm 'running just to stand still' - if that makes sense. I don't like the negativity that I feel creeping in - so just for now it's 'blow it' or words to that effect - I'm going to concentrate on what I do best - the children!!!

Sunnyday

My COSHH forms are happily sitting in a folder having had nothing done to them as of yet. Something that needs to be checked and is on 'to do list'. Some can be downloaded or there is a number on the back of products to ring.

samfrostie :o

I cant seem to open this document can you post it in word? Might just be me but tried all the options

Not sure why you cannot open it is in word really sorry I dont have it in any other format plus I'm not very good when it comes to technical things I usually ask my 10 year old son :o prehaps others can tell me if they have managed to open it

Salm

• 8 years later...
On 5/17/2009 at 19:39, salm said:

coshh.docx

The risk assessment training I attended in January was specifically done for preschools and it was really good the COSHH form I have attached and I believe through this training and my H & S training you only have to complete these for anything with a black cross in an orange square.

Salm

just what I was looking for! thank you for sharing! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)