Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Do I Give Up Hope?

I went for an interview for EYFS Coordinator today at 11.00am. I was the last to be interviewed. I rang at 4pm as I still hadn't heard anything and was told the Head had been on a course all afternoon and was now in a staff meeting. I asked could I be rung at home as I was now going home. It's now 7pm and still not heard. Do I give this one up as good experience? Do you think it's rude that they haven't rung me? :o

Well isnt that strange? I've been wrestling with the same thought today. In the end I gave up hope. Being told yesterday that I would be phoned today lead me to think I would actually be phoned today! Funny that. Anyway at around 4pm I gave up and decided I could now send the application for hospital volunteer work.

I'm not defeatist, just practical. Hope you get some good news

Edited by Rea

Hope youve heard something by now but dont give up and if communication really is that bad, maybe its a lucky escape! I was once phoned after 8pm.

It's now gone 10pm and still haven't heard anything. If they ring tomorrow I expect a very very good reason why they haven't phoned today in order for me to accept the job. Perhaps they've offered it to someone else and they haven't accepted yet, a phone call or even an email to explain the situation. Will keep you posted as to how it turns out.

just wanted to say good luck - hope you get some good news today :o

Yes I eventually got some news at 3.45pm and that was only after I had phoned them again. I was told at 3.45pm (by EMAIL!!!!!) that I hadn't got the job. I get the feeling I wouldn't have been told at all if I hadn't phoned. Decided it was all doomed from the start. When he was due to come and observe me he got lost, didn't phone to say and it was down to me to phone him to rearrange. Decided I'm probably best out of it. Who wants to work with someone so rude?

Look on the positive side of your experience - If the company are so hap hazzard with their notification process the

day to day running of the setting would almost certainly be heading the same way ....... I'm sure you will have better

luck next time with a more worthy (and less rude) employer :o

dottyp

Bad luck clawton9, if he's rude at interview imagine what he'd be like to work for. A lucky escape :o

hear hear! You're better off out of it! Good luck with the next one though - there's bound to be a school that is just right for you!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)