Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Prsn Planning

Hi, could someone please help with with a focused activity on 2D/3D shapes, my mind is so blank too many hours doing lessons plans.

Thanks

thank you, i dont know really im on placement in reception at a primary school, and the teacher said hear plan a PRSN focused activity on 2d/3d shapes....stuck! Already done like 10 lesson plans tonight and i'm getting tired :o

tomorrow she wants the lesson plan but i'm not doing the activity untill Friday - getting observed, i know iv'e left it until the last minute but iv'e been hoping something would pop into my head but it hasn't unfortunatley.

Another thing we've done is look for 2d/3d shapes in the environment. Personally I would stick to one of the other for year R as they can get a bit muddled. Does it have to be both? I suppose you could focus on 3d shapes by describing them - square face, circle face as it brings in both but that is getting more like what I would have done in year 2 and you don't want to make it too challenging.

Edited by SP61HJ

tomorrow she wants the lesson plan but i'm not doing the activity untill Friday - getting observed, i know iv'e left it until the last minute but iv'e been hoping something would pop into my head but it hasn't unfortunatley.

thanks but got no laptop or interactive whiteboard at the min its broke, any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

No i probably could do just 2d shapes but then add easier 3d shapes like cube, cone etc ones which are fairly easy to identify. Thanks for your help.

A shape hunt around the school/grounds - give them a picture of a certain shape - can they find a matching one. What shape is it? Can they describe it? etc...

Try another shape ....

If they have a picture or actual shape then it doesn't matter if it's 2d / 3d or a combination

A shape hunt around the school/grounds - give them a picture of a certain shape - can they find a matching one. What shape is it? Can they describe it? etc...

Try another shape ....

If they have a picture or actual shape then it doesn't matter if it's 2d / 3d or a combination

yeah thats a great idea thank you.

Do a search and look for the activity about using ballons to demonstrate 3d shape--think it may have been posted by Andreamay last year. I did it or my own version of it and it was fantastic, really captured the children's attention and they remembered!

Do a search and look for the activity about using ballons to demonstrate 3d shape--think it may have been posted by Andreamay last year. I did it or my own version of it and it was fantastic, really captured the children's attention and they remembered!

Ooooh I'll have to that search too i think - sounds good :o

Edited by SP61HJ

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)