Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Another Profile Question

Hiya,

What do you do about a child who was forming her letters in Autumn, but has now doesn't as she's always in a rush to go off and do something else? I'd ticked it off in Autumn B on the eyeprofile, but feel inclined to undo that as surely it's an assessment of where she is now? Or have I got that wrong?Thanks,

Tracy :)

Thanks everyone,

Decided to err on side of caution and "untick" as she is also suddenly flipping horizontally/vertically anything that does now look like a letter too (eg, w/m, y/h , f/t) - I think with a lot of her letters she's actually overdoing the circular movements too, so an o starts off ok, but she keeps going round and round until it looks like a bit like e. I think I was a bit too kind ticking it in the first place, in hindsight - she was forming some letters correctly when she didn't know that many - it's as if she's been overloaded with them all now, and can't remember how to do the few that she did know. At least she'll still be with me throughout Y1 and Y2, No room for complaints from the "next" teacher in my case! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)