Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

How Bad Is This?

how let down do we feel today? we had arranged for a photographer to come in and take group photos of the children - parents love these as they are last photos children have taken with us before they go onto school.

however just as we were leaving today the photographer phoned to say he cant make it now - no real excuse just cant make it- what do we do?

we probably wont be able to get another to come in at such short notice so it means that all the children leaving us wont now have their last pre-school photo with their friends and staff.

am i being over the top - why couldnt he have phoned a week or two ago - at elast we might have had a chance to get someone else in.

would try to take them ourselves but dont have the camers suitable for this?

This is very bad indeed. As you say, it is so sad if the children won't have their last photo with their friends.

Whereabouts in the country are you? I know of a lady locally who has just set up as a freelance photographer and is trying to break the mould a bit because she was a bit fed up with her school photos - perhaps there are others of us who might be nearer you who might know of someone similar.

Failing that is there a local camera club (or a local college) who could offer someone (suitably chaperoned of course) to do them for you?

I hope you've made your feelings known to this company/person and told them that they can't rely on your business next year? :o

Failing that, I'd offer you MrsWeasley but I think her super duper camera is broken!

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

That is VERY bad. I would try booking another photographer - you may be lucky.

You could try appealing to the parents....there may be a 'David Bailey' amongst them ......mind you that may not be the best idea - difficult to 'control' photos.....how they are developed, stored, shared etc.

Sunnyday

hi we are in southampton so probably nowhere near you or mrsweasleys camera - trouble is tomorrow is the day for photos and we expect other children not attending tomorrow to come in especially for the photos - they are not goin gto be happy !!!!

WE WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE USING THEM AGAIN BUT THAT IS NO COMFORT AT THE MOMENT

Are you in the West country? I have a son who is doing photography and so has a super duper camera (courtesy of his Grandmother). He may be able to help.

Gruffalo2 :o

do you have individual photos of the children at play? we made our own "group" photo by printing passport size photos of the children and then getting the children to glue and stick a collage of all their friends, it was nice because the photos where of the children while they where playing so as well as having photos of their friends they could see parts of the room as well

it also makes a good calender idea

(with permission of parents to share photos of course!)

You got your reply in before my post. Sorry, he is setting up for his final exhibition tomorrow, and cannot miss that. Hope you get something sorted.

Gruffalo2 :o

To hopefully make u feel a little better......ours just didn't turn up!Luckily we managed to get somebody else at short notice....so there is hope Angela x

Take in a camera of your own, then when you're done, upload them to photobox.co.uk. I've used them for years and if you order photos before about 4pm they arrive THE NEXT DAY. You can also get mouse mats, key rings, etc. etc.

That's what I'd do - why let this photographer spoil your day by letting you down?

Good luck.

Hi

We had photographers in on Tuesday who were brill, they are based in London and maybe able to help you tomorrow.

If you are interested please let me know and i can pass on their details.

Sam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)