Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Fence Height Restrictions/minimums

Hi

Can anyone tell me where I might find any paperwork/documentation that outlines the minimum height requirements for fencing in settings. I've found a few but there is a vagueness around them Was hoping to find something more meaty....

Thanks again everyone

Z

I don't know where it's written but the contractor working in my preschool garden at the moment is putting in 110cm fences. THe must have no toe hold in that height.

Any boundary fencing has to comply with local planning regulations which can vary and any convenants on the property. In our authority its 2m on interior boundaries and 1.3m from ground level when it borders on a public highway. Best to check locally.

ok, here are my "thoughts" on it. I viewed a setting with a perimeter fence of aprox 4ft high max- children can't get out easily but how easy is it for an adult to get in or reach over and grab... possibly quite easy.

now, irrespective of regualtions could the person in charge stand up in a court of law and say that they had done everything reasonable they could to protect the children from harm? I don't think so. But was just looking for some regualtions etc.

Thanks for the comments.

Z

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)