Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Lets Talk

Hi,

Hope those who are lucky enough are enjoying the holidays - you deserve them!!

I wwant to stimulate talk in mt setting and i'm lookinf for simple ideas which i can put into activity boxes.

I want to use thm indoors and outdoors, so was thinking of a little activity (topic0 for each box.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Like ,for example ; lets sing and dance ( echo microphones and scarves/ribbons)

Need some which appeals to the boys!!

Thanks Sunshine :o

magnifying glasses, collection boxes, clear boxes with holes, anything to collect creepycrawlies etc. in and examine them.. keeps the all interested for ages.

we had a magnetic explore box too, magnets and loads of items , which can you pick up, and some of the obvious metal did not pick up... we had tick and cross yes/no boxes to put them in once checked..

Inge

choose a nice puppet find a small bag put in a different object each day for the children/puppet to discover

we took photos of our bear in odd places around the setting and put a different photo in a frame each day for the children to look at and find where the photo was taken they got excited about where they could find where the bear had been.

use some laminated footprints for outside play lay them out leading to a surprise activity box change the layout and surprise each day e.g bubbles, confetti, clip boards with pics of bugs and a tic box with magnifiers , box of hats etc

sue

more adult led...

a puppet idea again .. we had a mixture of items on a table and the puppet 'asked' for them , child then had to find it and give it to puppet... ours was a very squawky parrot, and children loved the interacting and chatting to him about the items... we also used pictures of things like a ball under , on or next to a chair/ bed etc.

these help the childrens understanding of language as much talking about it.

can be done as a posting box if wanted.

tongue exercises... we had pictures and children copied... stick it out, try to touch nose, chin, ear etc... lots of laughter from this one...

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)