Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Home/school Diaries

Guest babyjane31

Guest babyjane31

Hi hoping one of you lovely people can help!!! Thought I had finished all of my prep for start of new term but have forgotten to sort out a letter of explanantion for our new home/school diaries, I know there was a fantastic one on her a while back but can't find it in forum search. Does anyone have one they could share please?

We put stickers in the front of the notebooks, attached, and I also put a bit in the newsletter every now and them to remind them

"Thank you to those of you who are regularly contributing to your child’s Learning File by writing in their red notebook. This is a huge help for us all and demonstrates a clear commitment to your child’s progression and learning. You may not think that your comments are important, but they could be very significant as your child will do very different things with you from the things they do with us. Just as you like reading about your child’s time at Preschool, we like to hear about what they have been doing at the weekends and evenings. Sometimes we use this information against the ‘development matters’ criteria, and sometimes just to chat with your child and engage them in conversation. It’s always good to know that you’re reading what we write! We get lots of positive comments about these notebooks and children are always interested to know what we are writing. We do try to write in them as often as we can, but I’m afraid we can’t always manage every day."

hope this helps

notebook_labels_portrait.doc

Edited by Cait

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)