Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Charging For Nursery Trips

Can anyone tell me whether they charge for nursery trips- entrance to farms, theatre tickets and train tickets. It has been suggested to me that those children receiving funding should not be charged extra. any suggestions welcome

We are in a school nursery and we do charge for trips, we usually only have one big trip - e.g Blackpool Zoo, but the local library invite us to animal shows and they cost about a pound for each child.

We have a weekly 'voluntary £1' FS fund which we use for play dough, extra snacks etc and if that builds up we use it to subsidise the trips.

Cath

We are have pretty much an identical system going, the voluntary fund helps pay for things like refeshments at our sports day or Christmas party too as well as subsidising the odd family who might need a little assistance to afford the extras - very quietly. We also get round having to organise a coach so keep costs down by getting the parents to organise themselves into car shares - we help if needed but they have usually been very receptive to the idea. We buy the tickets so that everyone benefits from group discounts and so far it's always worked well.

we do charge for trips the entrance fee is always reduced because we are a group the coach fees have been really high so we ask parents to meet us there and we sort out who can and cant drive so that everyone is covered. We had a trip yesterday to the sea life centre and out of 34 children we had 32 children and 32 parents so it was brilliant. we do not charge for the nursery session though as we are not there!

salm, if all parents go with you on a trip and you don't charge for the nursery session, what about the funded children ? Do you still receive funding for that day?

I ask this question because it came up recently for me - the majority of parents come with us on our trips and a comment was made by our EYAT.

Sue J

salm, if all parents go with you on a trip and you don't charge for the nursery session, what about the funded children ? Do you still receive funding for that day?

I ask this question because it came up recently for me - the majority of parents come with us on our trips and a comment was made by our EYAT.

Sue J

I am assuming they didn't approve then? What does she think paid your staff wages for the day? Schools don’t get their funding stopped because they have parents come on trips and they charge for lots of trips

We bring our parents along for the day out, we also get the choice to come aswell or take the day off, no wages though, but its nice to bond with the parents in a diffrent environment, the parents pay for them and their children.

need to check conditions of receiving funding.. we were not allowed to charge extras during a funded session... so were not able to charge for trips etc if the child was having a funded session for it...

it covered everything, no charge at all during funded part of session...

we dis ask for a voluntary contribution , but we had to make it very clear to parents it was just that and child could still attend even if they did not pay...

it may have changed this year as lots has done with funding ,

so we always had them on non funded days, parents came and we charged them...

Inge

we only charge the parents for the actual trip cost nothing extra we would get their funding if that was their normal session for example on friday we had 10 funded children which would normally attend for the am session so we would still get their funding but otherwise no other money is taken for that day. Hope that makes sense? but as others have said we still have to pay staff we subsidised the coach by paying £100 so this made the trip very cheap all in all for a parent and child for the entrance and coach only cost £13 which nobody could argue with.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)