Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

UGH! wish I'd known that! One of the other thing on the EQUISP was that we could improve contacts with parents ....... er, I don't think so - Mrs O has given us Outstanding for that!

Oh and , we should tie in staff training to our annual appraisals ....... er, well, don't remember discussing this with you, but, hmm, been doing this since 1989!

The whole thing was an absolute joke - well, it would be except it's not funny. I used a red pen very liberally on it and sent it back unsigned.

Me again

Going back to the original question posed by Cait (sorry I seem to have highjacked this a bit).

I have looked at the EYQISP book and the only reference I can find to areas of learning is on page 67, second bullet point under key questions "Are all the areas of learning and development appropriately supported through the learning environment?"

If this mean dividing your setting into the six areas of learning then I am a Monkeys Uncle and not and Early Years Practitioner.

Oh dear,

Am I the only voice of dissension here?

I have worked with Advisory teachers (under many different names!) for years now, both in pack away and daycare settings. I have always welcomed their arrival and we have engaged in some very productive professional discussions. As has been said before in other threads, their role is advisory and you don't have to take their advice on board. On the other hand they do have to visit settings in order to ensure the standards of those in receipt of funding are acceptable. Although Ofsted is a measure of one point in time, this should be monitored more consistently.

I agree that I wouldn't set up in the six areas as that would be totally against our philosphy, but I am confident that I can demonstrate each area is represented in provision across all rooms in the whole nursery. Cross-curricular rings a bell :o

I would urge you all, though, not to decide to refuse admission to these folk. After all, they are all qualified and very experienced and you never know - they might just notice little bits and pieces where things may have drifted a bit. You can never stop sharpening up practice. Also, I find it pays to be constantly reviewing, as your children will be changing and may not need just exactly what your last cohort did.

Sue xD

Wise words there Sue - thank you!

I don't suppose I would really ever 'refuse them'.........

I too have worked very well with some 'advisors' and some have not been such a positive experience!

As I said in another thread I had my first ever SIP visit this week and it really did feel like an extra inspection! My SIP is an ex Ofsted Inspector - so possibly that explains it!

She was really positive about everything accept our planning - when I challenged her she completely back-tracked and tried to say that there was absolutely no problem with it.....trouble is by then the 'seeds of doubt' had been sown.......

She has since emailed me a load of example observation sheets - I am very confused - she indicated that she was very happy with our observations and Learning Journey folders........obviously that now has me thinking - did she really have a problem with that too........anyway I have gathered myself together, discussed with staff, regained my confidence........I KNOW that our systems are sound!

So at this precise moment - the idea of saying "please don't come back" is fairly appealing! :o

Sunnyday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)