Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Year 1 Assessment - What Do People Use?

Hi, I am wondering if anyone could help me. As a school we are currently looking at how year 1 are assessed and against which objectives, obviously lit and num and national curriculum. Only these are very broad and we were thinking that if you had something a little similar to flying start 2 and the profile with broken down statements, it would show progression and give step by step assessment.

We are currently working in a team of two reception classes and a mixed year 1/reception.

Has anyone adapted their year 1 assessments and would you mind sharing?!

Thanks sooooo much!! :o

We are using APP for Literacy and Numeracy as it is whole school policy. In year 1 we are still using ELGs for Lit & Num until the end of this term for those for whom it is appropriate and then will move onto P scales for those who are not afterwards. We have been working from a skills based curriculum - Chris Quigley and have been identifying those children who could achieve the LO and those who could with support and those who couldn't. I find it very useful for future planning and target setting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)