Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Parents As Partners

Help..... I know I will be getting my first Ofsted visit early in the new year and am concerned with my "parents as Partners" as the family I mind for at the moment, have no interest in engaging with me on this level. I have a daily diary for the baby which they never look at, I have started a learning Journey folder which I share with them and encourage them to add to it but no. It's hard enough to try and and talk to them when they collect the children more interested in telling you what they have been doing! will this be enough to show that I am trying

Thanks

Hi Tink69, we all have parents like that at some time!

The important thing is to keep trying, keep filling in the diary and learning journey so that you have these to show Ofsted.

I also keep a "shared with" sheet in the children's folders saying when I sent home the Learning Journey (and received it back)

Your contract, child record form and attendance register (signed by parents) show that you share information.

I give all my parents a copy of my policies and procedures and ask parents to sign to say they've had them. The same with the new photo consent forms issued by my local Safeguarding Children Board. If I send home leaflets or literature, and the newsletters, from the Children's Centre I keep a copy marked with the date I sent it home.

It's really frustrating when it feels like "one way traffic" with parents so just try to evidence how you've tried.

Hope that helps!?

Nona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)