Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Observation

Hieveryone!I have recently moved and started in a Nursery class!

We have been doing the 3 little pigs and I have an observation coming up. I was thinking about sitting the chn down and telling them we have received a letter from the WOlf's mum as he has gone missing and she is really worried. I then want them to make some lost posters and try and get them to describe the wolf. ANy ideas??

Hieveryone!I have recently moved and started in a Nursery class!

We have been doing the 3 little pigs and I have an observation coming up. I was thinking about sitting the chn down and telling them we have received a letter from the WOlf's mum as he has gone missing and she is really worried. I then want them to make some lost posters and try and get them to describe the wolf. ANy ideas??

Hi,

Don't want to sound negative, I think your idea is great, but in the concept of the 3 little pigs, is this not a bit dodgy? In some version of the book they imply he gets boiled alive! :(:o

mum ought to be worried!! xD

Could you design a newspaper article looking for the culprit of this 'home wrecker' and wanted posters?

Love the idea though! :(:(

its a fantasy story, a fairy story..........please read and go with your ideas, my children love these fairy stories and they know they are not real, we discuss it

Have you thought about doing a drama activity? Speaking and Listening is quite big at the moment. You could get this children to 'hot seat' as the pigs and the wolf's mum first to gain a better idea about the character and look of the wolf. This should help to generate some really good ideas for the wanted poster. you could even make curly tails ears (3 pigs) and furry ears and tails (wolf's mum) to help the children really get into the role of the characters. You could have some real fun doing this!

I was just thinking. If your children aren't very outgoing or confident then maybe you could dress the staff in the ears and tails and hot seat them, enocouraging the children to think of questions to ask them to build up a picture of the wolf...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)