Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Outdoor Addition

Hi everyone

I am doing addition by combining two groups next week with my reception class and was wondering if anyone has any good ideas for outdoor practical addition which I could try out.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone

I am doing addition by combining two groups next week with my reception class and was wondering if anyone has any good ideas for outdoor practical addition which I could try out.

How about having two hoops and a basket of bean bags. Encourage the children to throw the bean bags into the two hoops, count how many are in each hoop and then combine the two groups to count.

Christmas letters in a sack with different pictures on the front - one set with presents, one set with holly- and two postboxes with matching symbols. Children deliver letters to matching boxes, then count how many are in each. Then combine the two groups.

Hunt activity - hide some wrapped boxes around the outside area, some in green paper and some in red paper. Children find the gifts and place them in coresponding colour bags/trays. Then count how many presents there are altogether.

You could do a similar hunt activity with laminated stars of different colours/ big and small holly leaves/ different colour Santa hats etc.

Hope these few ideas are a help.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)