Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Ed209

Just wondered if I was the only one getting a little bit anxious about results??

What a time to publish them - 18th December!!

Am keeping fingers crossed that they will come out early so I can enjoy Christmas (hopefully!!) and knuckle down to my E100 TMA, which I can't concentrate on because I WANT MY RESULTS...

xD:o:(

Good luck to everyone waiting for results - whatever they have been studying

:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes:

I think I can safely say you are not the only one feeling anxious about impending results :(

I am waiting for my results for EK311 and as it is my 8th OU course I am familiar with the dreading waiting for results to appear! All results are due 'by' December 18th but they could appear on your homepage anytime! Last year I think it was December 12th!

I am trying not to think about it too much but it's not easy. I am more anxious than in previous years because I will also receive my degree classification resutls :oxD

Good luck to everyone waiting and hope we all get the results we would like :(

Edited by Geraldine

I am waiting for my results for EK311 and as it is my 8th OU course I am familiar with the dreading waiting for results to appear! All results are due 'by' December 18th but they could appear on your homepage anytime! Last year I think it was December 12th!

Think that makes me even more nervous! :o

Do you get an e:mail to say the results are published? Where will they show is it just on the 'record' page?

Good luck with your degree and anyone else waiting for results!

AS far as I remember you don't get an email but a message will appear on your homepage saying something like 'Your course results are now available' and just follow the link.

I am trying not to be impatient but know lots of people are checking daily alraeady ( some several times a day) I know that some Masters course results came out today so it's just a case of watching and waiting really.

You will also receive your results in the post and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that you will get these before the results are on line

Well, here's another one to join the waiting brigade!!

Mine's U212 - and I have the added disadvantage of being totally stupid and having recently looked again at the exam paper xD . Of course I noticed that I think I misread one of the questions so now I am a total wreck!! And I did so well with the TMAs !! :o

Sue

I'm am in a total limbo! I just want to get my results one way or the other so that I can stop thinking about it! :o

Why oh why do we put ourselves through this??? It's been 20+ years since I last sat an exam - and I didn't pass them so am really hoping for better luck this time.... especially as my colleagues and the parents keep asking - I shall really feel I've let them down (more than me) if I've failed...

Well we shall soon see - good luck again!

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck to you all, hope you get the results you desire.

I am about to embark on this course which I chose as part of my FD because it looked so interesting. However, the comments about it on OU website aren't very positive - hey ho!

Could I ask you if I should buy the 4 course books mentioned? Are they available to download?

Thanks

Deb

Good luck to you all, hope you get the results you desire.

I am about to embark on this course which I chose as part of my FD because it looked so interesting. However, the comments about it on OU website aren't very positive - hey ho!

Could I ask you if I should buy the 4 course books mentioned? Are they available to download?

Thanks

Deb

Well I am really pleased to be able to report that I passed the ED209 exam and achieved a Level 3 overall pass!!! am I chuffed? just a bit!! :oxD:(:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes:

Deb - I didn't look at the comments on the OU until it was too late! and I agree they aren't very positive - but I would like to say that it is a very full on course, I felt there wasn't any possibility to let anything slip....you really need to do the required reading, studying and activities week on week.... other than that it was an excellent course, really interesting and beneficial to my practice.

BUT don't buy the books - you get them free from Open University with all the other course materials.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask! :unsure:

Hello

Wow, congratulations to you.

Could i ask you a question regarding this course as i too have read the feedback which as previoulsy mentioned is mostly negative.

Is it a worthwhile course?

In October 2008, i started the E115 and would like to start the ED209 shortly, I will have an overlap of four months, but i am concerned about the workload of the two together. However i am thoroughly enjoying my study and would like to be able to finish my FD in May 2012, not 2013!

If you could just give me some feedback on how hard or easy you found the course. I would greatly appreciate it.

I have spoken to two different people at the OU, one said that as long as i am comfortable with doing the 2 together, then thats fine. The other person informed me that i would find it extremely difficult and that it wasn't recommended.

They will only overlap for four months, i also will have all of the summer holidays off as pre-school will be closed.

Any advice is greatly received.

Hi,

ED209 is a really good course, but it is really hard work too (reflected in OU forum feedback I think! :o )

Sorry if this sounds a bit basic but here is how I would describe the course in my own words....

It starts by considering what a child actually is and the concept of chidhood, then looks at some historical views on what causes a child to develop (rather than in what way they change, if that makes sense), there is a lot of indepth work on Piaget, Bandura, and Vygotsky and not only their beliefs but their research and studies, as well as other psychologists at the time.

The couse then moves on to brain, visiual, auditory development and I found this really hard! NOt only was it very scientific but at this point we had to consider the findings of the psychologists in the 'biology' side too.

There is also work on genetics, scientific understandins, temperament.

Then comes the final exam at the end! This isn't all about facts and figures and getting a right or wrong answer. The questions are 'discuss, evaluate, ....' different aspects of the course which you then do taking on board the ethos of what you've already studied.

It is so interesting though and makes you consider everthing you've ever learnt about children! I would very much recommend it - but you need to be committed, especially if you are doing another course atthe same time. Not impossible, but it would be no good leaving your study for a week because you would get very behind without an easy route to catch up. With the exam in mind, it is difficult to skim a chapter because that might be the area a question is on! And also, you really need to get a firm grip of the couse material as you go, because otherwise revision is imposible - you end up re-reading EVERYTHING!

If you can afford the time to study both with out work or home distractions, go for it!!!

I hope this help, and good luck!

xD:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)