Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Psed Activities For Reception

hello

i am a male practitioner and am currently work in an integrated unit and work with pre-school and reception children. i am doing med term planning for nursery and reception. Come the Spring Term, i shall be doing a football and transport theme and i would like to know if you got any ideas that is related to PSED.

Even though i know alot about football, i am finding it hard to relate it to PSED. Apart from, playing football that includes turn taking and promoting confidence! and favourite teams.

thank you.

Vik

This might not answer your question but with our nursery and reception classes I don't always link the PSED to the topic. we follow the SEAL topics for our PSE work and these run alongside any other topics.

With the favourite teams, could you include the idea that not everyone supports the same team? (Am thinking 'respecting the needs, views, feelings, beliefs, etc, of others and expecting others to respect yours!)

This might not answer your question but with our nursery and reception classes I don't always link the PSED to the topic. we follow the SEAL topics for our PSE work and these run alongside any other topics.

where may i find SEAL topics?

hello

i am a male practitioner and am currently work in an integrated unit and work with pre-school and reception children. i am doing med term planning for nursery and reception. Come the Spring Term, i shall be doing a football and transport theme and i would like to know if you got any ideas that is related to PSED.

Even though i know alot about football, i am finding it hard to relate it to PSED. Apart from, playing football that includes turn taking and promoting confidence! and favourite teams.

thank you.

Vik

Hi Vic,

Once you have become acquainted with SEAL - one of the themes is Going for Goals! Sure you will find inspiration for your football-related planning here. Good luck.

Fingertips

see also here - the primary SEAL materials include a set for foundation stage - with sections specifically for nursery and reception - where you will find the going for goals topic fingertips refers to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)