Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Look, Listen And Note Sheets

Hi all, Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to be using the 'Look, Listen and Note' sheets during child-initiated time in our Foundation Stage Unit. Other schools in our town find them really useful for assessment and next steps for planning/learning. Probably a strange question but does anyone know if the adult observing completes a sheet for each child or is it a sheet where you add notes on all children in the 6 areas of learning?

Brownie xx

I'm Preschool and I have one sheet for all my Key Children (12) I imagine that this is the kind of thing you are going to need to experiment with - perhaps start with one sheet with each child's name on, as we do, and see how you go on. You could have a sheet for each area, to limit the number of sheets, rather than a sheet for each child perhaps?

I'm Preschool and I have one sheet for all my Key Children (12) I imagine that this is the kind of thing you are going to need to experiment with - perhaps start with one sheet with each child's name on, as we do, and see how you go on. You could have a sheet for each area, to limit the number of sheets, rather than a sheet for each child perhaps?

Thanks!

The sheet we are using has all 6 areas of learning on. I just was wondering what really would be most efficient for the person observing. If we have one for each child I thought that it might be a lot of paper shuffling to find the right child but would be easier when look at it later. Maybe trial and error?

Forgot to mention we have 60 in the unit!!!

Forgot to mention we have 60 in the unit!!!

Then I'd definitely go for limited paperwork! Could you have 6 clipboards with a sheet on each? Or.... How about 6 laminated sheets on the wall, one for each area of learning, and stick post it notes on and write or stick them into children's notebooks later?

]

Hi, would anyone please share a copy of their Look Listen and Learn sheet or kindly point me in the right direction where i could download a copy, many thanks Jill

Then I'd definitely go for limited paperwork! Could you have 6 clipboards with a sheet on each? Or.... How about 6 laminated sheets on the wall, one for each area of learning, and stick post it notes on and write or stick them into children's notebooks later?

Think I might do the clipboards for groups og children! Thanks for your thoughts. It makes so much sense when you ask someone else.

I've hopefully attached a copy!!

Brownie xxLook__Listen_and_Note_Sheets.docx

There are some sheets on this thread, you can have a look and see if there's anything there that you like

Oh, and a HUGE welcome to the forum, both of you. I look forward to chatting to you again and learning more about you

Hi many thanks for the info and the welcome happy new year and look forward to chatting and exchanging info etc Jill

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)