Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

White Board Markers

Hi - just a quick query - in pre-school or others settings when you provide white board markers are there any child safe non smelly ones or do you just have normal ones ? Thanks

HI Dizzylizzy

we provide white board markers in our setting. They have both thick barrelled and thin ones and use them with small A$ boards and on our giant mobile whiteboard. We have never had a problem with them sniffing them if this is what you are worried about.

Berol are a good make but we also use cheaper ones from YPO and WMS. The only ones we have had trouble with are the ones where the inside of the cap has an innner lip (hard to explain) but we have found these ones are trickier for some of our children to put the cap back on correclty without destroying the nib.

Hope this helps

HI Dizzylizzy

we provide white board markers in our setting. They have both thick barrelled and thin ones and use them with small A$ boards and on our giant mobile whiteboard. We have never had a problem with them sniffing them if this is what you are worried about.

Berol are a good make but we also use cheaper ones from YPO and WMS. The only ones we have had trouble with are the ones where the inside of the cap has an innner lip (hard to explain) but we have found these ones are trickier for some of our children to put the cap back on correclty without destroying the nib.

Hope this helps

I have the cleaning problem when my children use the flipchart marker pens on the whiteboards instead of the actual whiteboard pens. I've also noticed that one particular brand seems to be harder to clean off than the others (they have thin white barrels but I dont know the brand). Even when they use whiteboard markers on our laminated sheets they're a nightmare to clean off, we always resort to using that special whiteboard cleaner spray.

Hi All,

I just want to add that IKEA do white board pens....they come in packs of 7 black, brown, yellow, pink, blue, green, & red.

and they are not that expensive, and children like having the different colours

MissRed

And where do you get the special cleaner from? bet Tescos don't sell that!

I get it from the school stock cupboard :o

Sorry, beyond that I have no idea! xD

I've heard several people recomend hairspray for getting biro marks off things

we've noticed that wiping straight across the board more affective than rubbing a cloth around the board (which smudges the dry ink dust around the board leaving streaks) also wait for the ink to dry fully before wiping it so that it has chance to turn to powder

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)