Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

White Board Ideas

All Day to Play for PSRN and All Day to Play for K and U. The CLL is much more Reception about from a few Nursery Rhymes. The 'Paint' programme that you should find on your desk top under accesoriesis also good. I use Primary Resources for counting rhymes such as 5 little speckled frogs.

Hope that starts you off.

All Day to Play for PSRN and All Day to Play for K and U. The CLL is much more Reception about from a few Nursery Rhymes. The 'Paint' programme that you should find on your desk top under accesoriesis also good. I use Primary Resources for counting rhymes such as 5 little speckled frogs.

Hope that starts you off.

Thanks very much for taking the trouble to reply. I will try out those sites. Thanks.

We have a lot of the 2simple software. I love 2paint. Its really simple and the tools available can be modified, making it simpler or more dififcult for children dependent on their ability.

My children also love the program 'Beep' and the newer 'Beep Beep'. There is a bubble popping game on Beep Beep, which involves the children looking to see which shape, colour, size or funny face to spot and pop. Again you can change the options to increase the difficulty from simple colour matching to matching shapes and the correct size. This is especially good on an IWB as the children jump about trying to pop the correct one. There is a maze on Beep (I think its beep, no beep beep!) in which you have to direct a character through the maze by clicking on the next circle to guide it towards the end. There is a duck to guide to a nest, the elephant to direct to an explosion spot (that's a good one!) and the elephant to the water is probably my favourite!

There is a number program by the same company called 'Number Run' which is another my lot love. This has 5 or 6 games within it and you can change the settings on these to cover different number levels (1-3, 1-5 or 1-9). You can change the settings for all games, or you can change the number settings to different number ranges for different games dependent on the children's abilities. You can also change the settings to the types of questions it asks of the children. My children love the 'Rollercoaster' game, where you have to click on the pink men in the correct number order and when you do they climb a ladder and then shoot round a rollercoaster loop-the-loop! Its the noises they make that I think my kids love the most!

I met the man who designed and developed these games at a local ICT fair. He has a vivid imagination!! I don't know how to post links but here is their website address. I've just been on and seen a new program that looks very interesting!

www.q-and-d.co.uk

In the Reception class we use our whiteboard for self registration. I have a photo of each child on the board and as they enter the room they press their finger next to their photo (after I have clicked on one of the patterned pen options).

Helen

I'm in Reception not Nursery, but mine love changing the pens for the fancy pens on the toolbar and writing their name, but it would be just as good to use these for markmaking and patterns.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)