Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Nqt Fourth Observation

I have to do writing for my next lesson which is going to be observed. I write with my children a lot but I am unsure what to do. I was thinking of requesting a monday slot and doing circle time with the children and asking them what they did at wekend - then moving to the table and they can then write what they did at the weekend. What do you guys think to theat? Or should it be something else.

Your thoughts and idea will be greatly appricated.

Many thanks in advance.

I think writing about an experience is always a good way to go but I dont think weekend news is always looked upon. Do you have anything else you could do and if you are already doing something that works well for you and your children do that. A change to routine is not a good idea for observation either.

Good luck.

How about 'Make it up Monday'-I told children recently I got up and saw a huge silver flying saucer in my garden-I went on to describe it and the alien that appeared! The children knew it was made up but joined in with the pretence -they went on to make up their own news and I honestly thought they would be lacking in ideas and would copy me-however they came up with going to Spain for the weeekend/their guinea pig started talking and was asking for sweets/a shrinking rabbit who had drank some magic water/ a dad who played football for Newcastle United and scored the winning goal etc. All made up! I was amazed at their imaginative ideas. I plan to do this every so often in future as it was such a success and they were really enthusiastic. I am going to send it home for talk homework on Fridays so that those who were really lacking in ideas had at least something to talk about! Don't know how it would go down as a lesson observation but it worked for me this week and worth a try even if not used for an observation-a good variation on news sharing.

What about writing based on a current fs topic or purely the children's current interests this could be something to do with a favourite book/ toy/tv programme?? Ben 10, Disney's Princess and the Frog and spiderman are all favourites in my class at the moment. Another idea could be birthday party invitations?

Hope this is some help x

Could you base your writing around a book? - the children could then write in speech bubbles, pretending to be a character from the story.

Good luck with the obs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)