Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

School Nursery Question

I am under the impression that a level 3 could do it as long as the ratio was correct, i.e. 1 to 8. I'm sure that if I am wrong someone more knowledgeable than myself will come along!

Yeah i would agree, wrap around and extra half hour can be covered by a level 3, although my school has its own rules!!!!!!!, have told them but they wont listen,our lady however lovely she is , is only a level 1 !

Gill

why can it be 1-8 when lev 3 is 1-13 the rest of the day in an early years unit. that seems strange that when its wrap around care its lowered to 1-8.

or am i on the wrong thinking

:oxD

why can it be 1-8 when lev 3 is 1-13 the rest of the day in an early years unit. that seems strange that when its wrap around care its lowered to 1-8.

or am i on the wrong thinking

:oxD

I didn't think anyone who was a level 3 could have 1:13 Mary

Thanks for your answers everyone

I think that if there is a QTS (or EYP) the other staff can have a ratio of 1:13 rather than 1:8 but this is only when the QTS is present. The original question was referring to a set up which did not have a QTS in the room I believe.

I think that if there is a QTS (or EYP) the other staff can have a ratio of 1:13 rather than 1:8 but this is only when the QTS is present. The original question was referring to a set up which did not have a QTS in the room I believe.

Yet when the OTS is on PPA the level 3 can cover a full class!!!

In nursery the Level 3 would have to have support for PPA, not be alone, but of course they can cover 30 Reception alone for PPA! In the case the OP queries then there would have to be a ratio of 1-8 in the afternoons, which is the ratio with no QTS or EYPS present.

So if the afternoons are wrap-around presumably this is charged for and is 'private' rather than maintained?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)