Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Recording What Happens Each Day

Hi everyone,

I'm just having a reflective moment.......

I'm trying to streamline my end of the day review (personal), a kind of record of events,.....and am stuck! Usually, i record what toys and equipment the children accessed (inside and out), what resources they used in the creative area, stories and audio tapes listened to, fab child led moments, adult initiated learning, and any other significant (IMHO) details. The trouble is that I'm writing more and more! can anyone tell me how they record 'what they've done each day'? oh, I forgot to mention that I work in a nursery class attached to a school!

Edited by Guest

Hi everyone,

I'm just having a reflective moment.......

I'm trying to streamline my end of the day review (personal), a kind of record of events,.....and am stuck! Usually, i record what toys and equipment the children accessed (inside and out), what resources they used in the creative area, stories and audio tapes listened to, fab child led moments, adult initiated learning, and any other significant (IMHO) details. The trouble is that I'm writing more and more! can anyone tell me how they record 'what they've done each day'? oh, I forgot to mention that I work in a nursery class attached to a school!

Personally I would think about why you are doing this and why you are including things in there. Are you ever looking at it again or is it going into a folder and never seen again? If you are looking at it again which bits do you look back at for information? Anything you don't read ever again doesn't need to be written down.

we just record what the children are interested in, for example if some children were role playing travelling on an aeroplane we would add this to our evaluation and put it into the planning, we also record what toys etc they have played with on the planning sheet.... if we have changed the routine we record whether it worked, didnt work but thats about it.......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)