Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Early Years Foundation Stage Profiles

Hi i achieved Outstanding in my ofsted and am a registered childminder. I use an eyfs profile for my children under 5 and use it as a tool to measure their achievements and by the time they attend full time school i am well aware of their capabilities.

Am i doing wrong by doing this , Ofsted seemed pleased with it hence my outstanding but local co ordinator says I must definately NOT use it . please help

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As far as I understand (as a reception teacher) EYFS Profile is for use at the end of the reception year as a tool to inform year 1 teachers.

Its not supposed to be used as a 'tracker', but in order to track progress you can use devlopment matters statements.

Hoe this helps

Im sure another childminder will be along soon to offer advice.

Lucie x

Hi and welcome from me too. I agree with Lucie.

I'm not a childminder though, I work in a school. Our nursery staff do not use the eyfs profile but they do track progress using development matters statements.

Hi, I used the development matters statements to track progress of my under 5's when I was a childminder (and that is what we do in preschool too) The profile points are to be used in the term they are 5 to give a summary ready for transition to Year 1. The Development matters statements are much more closely relating to where the children are at below 5 years old, and should be more useful to you

HTH

Clare x

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As far as I understand (as a reception teacher) EYFS Profile is for use at the end of the reception year as a tool to inform year 1 teachers.

Its not supposed to be used as a 'tracker', but in order to track progress you can use devlopment matters statements.

Hoe this helps

Im sure another childminder will be along soon to offer advice.

Lucie x

Thanks for all of your help i do use individual trackers as well and learning journeys that cover all ages and stages. I generally just use the form as a tool to help me prepare the children for what is expected when they start school. However i will probably put this to one side now as it is not necessary. Thank you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)