Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Policies And Eyfs

Would anyone be willing to share thier policies with me, who has linked them to the EYFS. i am starting to update them and it is a huge huge task. if anyone is willing it will save me redoing the work they have already done!

i am willing to share something i have done in return,

xx

I bought the PLA policies handbook which has a range of policies linked to the welfare requirements and the four themes of the EYFS. You can download them from the internet and you just need to tailor them to your own needs.

It took a while to do them all, but it is much easier to make changes to take out stuff that doesn't apply to you rather than do it all from scratch!

I think it costs £15 or something like that for non-members. Worth every penny!

Maz

have i missed something? why are you linking policies to the eyfs? have you been asked to do this?

In the olden days policies may well have been linked to the National Standards to show how your setting's practice met them. Linking policies to the EYFS is a good way of demonstrating how you meet the welfare requirements. I don't think it is a requirement, but I have to say it has been a good way of ensuring we're doing everything we should.

Maz

Can anyone tell me the site where I can find the PLA policies handbook to download please? I've googled and searched without any luck, and I think it would make my life so much easier - mine is a brand new school with no policies in place!! This will save me soooooo much work!!

Many thanks

:o

Sparkle74 - you have to buy it

Can't post a link-they're site isn't working for me at the moment. Not very helpful!

ppp

I don't mind buying it but I can't even find the site to buy it from!!! Any help much appreciated. Thanks - it's me and technology I think!

Thank you so much, that link is very much appreciated. I have looked on the website and there seems to be some super books there - spoilt for choice! Is the book with the policies in actually called that - I just can't seem to find it! I sound like a total case don't i, but i have searched for a good while. Sorry to be such a pain.

Thanks again!

xx

I sound like a total case don't i, but i have searched for a good while. Sorry to be such a pain.

Well no, actually you don't. I can't find it either.

Give them a call on 0870 603 0062 and you can order it over the telephone. If you pay by card they may even give you the download password in advance of your getting the book if you need to make a start. Its the least they can do for having a rubbish website! :o

Oh and the book itself is called Policies and Procedures for the Early Years Foundation Stage (Ref: A080) costs £12.60 for members of the Alliance or £16.75 for non‑members.

Good luck.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)