Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Water Dispenser

I assume you mean a water cooler for the children ? We have one - we rent it and it costs us about £70 a month ( thats with 10 large bottles of water and cups - plus sanitisation every 3 months thats an important thing to remember too) The only drawback really is that the 2 year olds tend to get over exuberant and will just lean on the tap and let it run all over the floor occasionally , but generally the children love it and so did Mrs OFSTED. :o

I assume you mean a water cooler for the children ? We have one - we rent it and it costs us about £70 a month ( thats with 10 large bottles of water and cups - plus sanitisation every 3 months thats an important thing to remember too) The only drawback really is that the 2 year olds tend to get over exuberant and will just lean on the tap and let it run all over the floor occasionally , but generally the children love it and so did Mrs OFSTED. :o

Thanks for your reply.........alas that would be too expensive for my very small setting.......

Ours is from Argos and it's great - it IS just a dispenser, and was very popular for the first fortnight and now children don't bother with it at all and it's just a pain having to fill and empty it regularly to keep it fresh. The plants are well watered though!

Ours is from Argos and it's great

Ours died last year and I haven't been able to find a replacement in Argos that wasn't either bright pink or featured a Simpson of one kind or another. Would really like another one. :o

Maz

We had a fantastic little one from agros - someone recommended it on here a year or so ago.

It cost about 3.99 (half-price) My hubby made a strengthening base at it was perfect. It finally gave out a few weeks ago and we're desperate to replace it.......hoping that now the summer's on it's way they might become availble again.

It roughly held about 8 big glasses of water - so was great size for our small beakers, and easy to empty/put away each day.

water Have you considered this option?

Thanks and yes......but how would you stop then getting 'mixed up' (ownership of I mean)

Don't think there would be an advantage over the jug and beaker system that we use now.........

I really wanted a system where children could and would enjoy 'helping themselves' to water...

Yes, this is what we are currently doing it what they do in our local schools.

the problem we've found it parents are sending all manner of drinks in!

In an ideal world we'd keep named bottles at the settings, but we have neither the time to wash them properly or the storage to keep them all.

The 3.99 dispencer was perfect.

Ok just looked on Amazon and there's loads there

Did you find any like the ones loubyloo mentioned Cait? I can only find a couple of those (Simpsons again) or the more expensive versions.

I worry about keeping these clean since we don't have a dishwasher, and having someone spend time in the kitchen doing the necessary with a bottle brush seems like a waste of precious time to me.

Maz

Did you find any like the ones loubyloo mentioned Cait? I can only find a couple of those (Simpsons again) or the more expensive versions.

I worry about keeping these clean since we don't have a dishwasher, and having someone spend time in the kitchen doing the necessary with a bottle brush seems like a waste of precious time to me.

Maz

Yes I did, on ebay.

Doesn't really hot water get them clean enough? You could label them with the child's name and it would be ok, wouldn't it?

Yep, saw some on Amazon then when Sunnyday said she'd looked there I went to Ebay - don't you go and outbid her though! :o

Don't suppose you have a link to the ones on Amazon do you? I don't understand the whole ebay thing!

Maz

Never used EBay ! :o That place hasd been a lifesaver for me when I have been tracking things down for Nursery - puzzles and games , cartridges for the printer, lengths of sari fabric. books - have got them all and more over the years on EBay and saved lots of money. But beware it can become addictive xD

Thanks and yes......but how would you stop then getting 'mixed up' (ownership of I mean)

Don't think there would be an advantage over the jug and beaker system that we use now.........

I really wanted a system where children could and would enjoy 'helping themselves' to water...

We have up to 20 children attend per session, each child brings in their own flask - amazingly, and rarely, are there ever 2 the same. this may occur when they have those flasks which have their names on as part of the decoration.

The flasks are stored in the hallway in a collapsable (sp?) crate everyone is used to the system of putting it in there, and taking it home. i don't insist on water - I humbly suggest it is water just in case of mix ups and possible allergies. Would love a water system but as you have pointed out Sunnyday a little on the expensive side for those of us with small settings

Edited by Panders

Our children have drinks bottles filled with water with their names on lables (or pictures)on each one.

It works well ,with no problems I have a small table with a sunken bowl in the middle of it

The drinks are put in at the start of each session I take home to dish wash

Ofsted loved it on inspection

This is the link to the one I've just bought.

That's the one I was looking at - have bought one too now!

Have had an ebay account for ages but I think this might be the first thing I've bought!

Maz

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-Water-Juice-Dis...=item3eff186c8b

If find ebay very easy to use - I just find the item............give laptop to daughter, then item magically appears in my hands a few days later!!!!

xxx

Looby Lou - you're a genius - have always thought so! :(

My son has just bought one for me on his account..........now with a bit of luck he won't let me pay for it either! :o

Cait - thanks for the suggestion! :(

Redjayne - so pleased I still have the power to 'shock'..........guess what........I don't to Facebook either!!! xD

Thanks everyone for your replies! :(