Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Counter Signatory For Passport

Hi all,

Have any of you signed the form for a childs (or adults) passport in your capacity as an educator?

I have EYPS, BA hons in EYS and have known the family for about 4 years. I remember my sons teacher signed his forms a couple of years ago but she is a teacher and not EYP; does eyp have the same standing in the eyes of the law?.

Sam

hi,

When I was a nursery manager I used to sign them with just a level 3, noone ever question it. However the passport office did once call me and ask how long i'd known the family I said about a year and they wanted to know why on the form it said 3 years. They were suspicious because the handwriting was different and the parent had actually forged a bit :oxD:( The cheek of some people

Yes I have, can't remember what the requirements were for suitable people to do this but I fitted the criteria at the time; I had honours degree and EYPS too.

...and child got passport, she brought it in a few weeks later and told us she "is going to "Disneyland Paris" as she could go now that she had got her "pass ticket" in the post yesterday."

BMG

Edited by BMG

Ive signed two and not had any problem and I've also heard that anyone with a british passport can now counter sign the forms

just dont forget black biro and keep in the lines my hubby got his boss to countersign ours and it took three attempts for him to get it right

When I moved to my pre-school 2-3 yearsago I was amazed to find out a slightly vague 70 year pre-school assistant with no qualifications had been countersigning passports for years...... She told me it was fine as in her words 'she was in a postion of authority'!

Edited by louby loo

me too.. for colleagues their children, preschool children and the siblings. and parents...

the interesting ones were for the babies born to parents I had known for years as the children came through the setting..

in fact one year I considered asking for a donation to pre-school I did so many...

Inge

ps am off to barcelona on monday to research spanish early years settings - so excited!!

Wow! How did that slip by? What a fantastic opportunity! Do you speak Spanish? Where are you going? How long for? What is the main area of your research?

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Maz