Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Healthy Snacks

I feel like I'm stuck in a rut with children's snacks. We offer toast, cheese & crackers, carrot sticks,raisins, various fruits and sometimes fruit loaf on a fairly consistent basis. Porridge, soup and bread/biscuits baked by the children are also offered occasionally, but I'd really appreciate any more original ideas - even better if they're things that children could prepare themselves. I bet someone's got some creative ideas!

We're making dips and cutting up pitta bread to go with our usual fruit and vegetables on Friday. In the past we've also done fruit salad with plain yoghurt, muffin pizza's, dutch crispbread faces, cream cheese and cracker snowmen. The children also go mad for hard boiled eggs! Sounds a bit strange but they love them. :D Hot cross buns are good at this time of year. Also making cheese straws or scones. Don't forget breadsticks too. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)