Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

What Do You Call Your Learning Journeys/stories/profiles?

I'm revamping ours and want to give them a nice inviting name.

Thanks

ppp

Edited by Guest

Ours are called 'special books'. They have a photo of the child on the front, our logo and 'My Special Book' for a title. Inside there's a note (from the southampton learning journey materials, I think) saying what the special book is all about.

Maz

Just came across the name "Communication Cookbook", prob wont be suitable for the childrens books but thought id share it lol!!x

ours had

My Days at xxxxxx with our logo and a picture of the child on the front, we also added a start and leavcing date on the front cover..

inside I had an everyone is special poem on the inside of the cover.. but cannot remember where I got it from.. probably here...

Inge

By coincidence ours are the same as Maz's "Special book", photo of the child when started setting on the front with the Southampton explanation on the inside cover. Children draw/ paint around their photograph, just had one boy cover his front cover in music notes and in the photo he's playing the keyboard - now that was a coincidence! This with their folder which includes longer observations, completed next steps etc we refer to as their learning journey.

I refer to mine as Learning Journey folders.......hmmm....not sure why :( as in Kent they are called........'My Unique Story' - not at all sure why I didn't use that from the start as I think it's really nice! xD

We call them Learning Journey Folders too Sunnyday. Not sure why either! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)